Based in Winnipeg, Manitoba
Militia is a quirky/simple strategy game that you can really sink your teeth into. It features a single-player ladder system so you can hone your skills and compare progress with other players. Militia also features procedurally generated levels so the challenge stays fresh. In Militia, you are the leader of a small troop of warriors, mages and cavalry and attempt to rout the local marauding banditry by dispatching their captains. Gameplay is turn based; on your turn you can issue one command to each of your units, and then the enemies each move on their turn according to strict and transparent movement rules.
Inspired by 868-HACK, Hoplite, Advance Wars, and Chess, we wanted to make a game that relied on an elegant system of mechanics rather than complicated rulesets, as well as something that had a lot of emergent complexity and so remains interesting over time. The result was Militia.
- Single-player ladder/ranking system for endless play.
- An elegant, challenging game experience that's easy to start and hard to stop.
- Smooth, clean, minimalist graphics.
- An awesome soundtrack from Mark Sparling.
- More units and graphic styles to come, as well as "challenge modes" and Steam achievements -- all in development!
Light World Trailer YouTube
Dark World Trailerr YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Featured on GameJolt" GameJolt.com, 24 September, 2015
- ""Militia is potentially a true star for strategy gamers.""
- PlayPlayFun, PlayPlayFun.com
- ""I am absolutely loving this game - it's a real breath of fresh air. Totally simple to get into but with plenty of depth.""
- 'davidpanik', r/AndroidGaming
- ""Easy to pick up and figure out and it has fun/interesting mechanics.""
- Android User, Google Play Store
- ""Holy crap, this game is actually really good.""
- 'grawrs', r/AndroidGaming
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
BrainGoodGames is an indie development studio located in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada focused on creating tightly designed and lasting gaming experiences.
More information on BrainGoodGames, our logo & relevant media are available here.